• Monographs as well as multi-authored books may be nominated. Edited books will be excluded from the competition.
• There is no restriction on the language of the publication.
• The book should have appeared in a time period, no longer than 3 years before the year of the award. For the 2010 award, books published between January 2007 and December 2009, inclusive, are eligible.
• Candidates do not necessarily have to be members of the ISHN.
• Nominations may come from anybody; self-nominations are allowed.
Nominations will consist of (1) a complete citation of the nominated book and (2) a brief (no longer than one page) statement about the book's significance and importance. Entries should be sent to the Chair of the ISHN Awards and Prizes Committee:
Dr. Sherry Ginn
Program in Social Sciences
Rowan-Cabarrus Community College
1531 Trinity Church Rd.
Concord, NC 28027
Email: sginn AT carolina.rr.com
Nominations must be received no later than March 1, 2010.
For further information about the Book Prize or the ISHN, please contact Dr. Ginn.