- Technology is neither good nor bad; nor is it neutral.
- Invention is the mother of necessity.
- Technology comes in packages, big and small.
- Although technology might be a prime element in many public issues, nontechnical factors take precedence in technology-policy decisions.
- All history is relevant, but the history of technology is the most relevant.
- Technology is a very human activity - and so is the history of technology.
17 January 2012
Melvin Kranzberg's six laws of technology
Melvin Kranzberg (1986) "Technology and History: "Kranzberg's Laws"" Technology and Culture, Vol. 27, No. 3, pp. 544-560.